Introduction

Hi, I'm Cassandra. This blog documents my adventures in life and ghost hunting. Start with the post "A (Brief) Story of My Life" to get the full story.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Coping With Crazy


It's been three days since I got up close and personal with two headless ghosts in the woods near Cheat Lake. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to cope with this. I've changed (because I'm scarred for life) but no one else has. I mean, the only people I've talked about my experience with are strangers from the internet. I guess I talked to the reporter guy over the phone, but the conversation wasn't exactly therapeutic. There's no way I can tell Sandi, my roommate, or any of my friends in Morgantown. Sandi is so self-absorbed she makes the cast of Jersey Shore look humble and my friends are more like casual acquaintances (and you do not share traumatic ghost encounters with casual acquaintances). Calling my friends and family in Sacramento is also out of the question because they already think I'm off my rocker for wandering aimlessly across the country for two years and deciding to live in West Virginia. Now, since I can't share my experience with anyone in my life, I'm walking through my days in a daze and starting to feel kind of isolated. As a result, I'm beginning to get a little testy, which is very abnormal for me. For instance, yesterday at work (I'm a waitress at Boston Beanery), I almost dumped a plate of food over a customer's head when he complained that his fish tasted too FISHY!!! All I could think was, "I'm sorry you're fish tastes like fish, I almost got eaten by decapitated growling ghost girls two days ago, but you don't hear me complaining about it, do you?!!!" So, as you can see, keeping everything bottled up inside isn't going so well. I'm afraid I may do something rash and unfortunate if I can't vent or blow off steam soon. I'm thinking about asking the people I met on the internet if they'd like to meet in person. We could go to Jay's Daily Grind or something. That way, if they turn out to be complete weirdos at least I can enjoy some decent coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment