Introduction

Hi, I'm Cassandra. This blog documents my adventures in life and ghost hunting. Start with the post "A (Brief) Story of My Life" to get the full story.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

More on My Ghosts

So, it occurred to me that if I did in fact encounter ghosts, then there might be a record of their deaths. I assumed they probably died at the same time since they prowl around together and suffer from the same injuries. As it turns out, my hunch was accurate. After a little bit of googling, I discovered my ghosts' real names: Karen Ferrell and Mared Malarik. In 1970, the 19 year old WVU students decided to hitchhike from dowtown Morgantown to their Evansdale dorm. They disappeard, and their decapitated bodies were found 3 months later. Eventually, 36 year old Eugene Paul Clawson was sentenced to life in prison for their murders. However, their heads were never found. Here are the links to the articles about the investigation and Clawson's trial.

 http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2519&dat=19761030&id=LuZdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GF8NAAAAIBAJ&pg=4367,4335466


  http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2519&dat=19761113&id=jUViAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MXcNAAAAIBAJ&pg=3370,1937890

No comments:

Post a Comment